The Business Process Model Notation (BPMN) is a graphical representation for specifying business processes in a business process model. The objective of BPMN is to support business process management, for both technical users and business users, by providing a notation that is intuitive to business users, yet able to represent complex process semantics (as explained by Wikipedia).
BPMN is an easy-to-express and insightful graphical representation that can be simple to understand by business users and technical users.
- A clear and easy way to capture and document business processes of a firm that ensures relevant stakeholders, such as, process owners and business users understand the same
- BPMN provide comprehensive and yet rich notations that can easily be understood by both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- An industry standard developed by a consortium, provides businesses with the capability of defining and understanding their end-to-end process through Business Process Diagrams
- A standard notation that is easy to interpret by all business stakeholders
- The communication gap that frequently occurs between business process design and implementation is bridged using a BPMN
- As BPMN is a standard notation easy for exchange across other system providers and adds a lot of value to digital transformation projects