Change yourself first before you are worthy enough to change the world. Our Inclusive Sustainability is based on this philosophy of “including” ourselves in the process of change and conservation first. With this philosophy in mind we started our journey to first change our lifestyles to be in harmony with the world and earth.
At GIEOM, sustainability is about our commitment to be ethical and contribute to economic development while improving the quality of the lives of our workforce, and their families as well as the local community and the society at large. While we have policies to guide and support adherence, participation in sustainability initiatives are more driven by our passion for a better life today for all of us and its sustenance for the future generations.
Conservation also aids in improving our bottom line and is an integral part of our corporate strategy.
Our Policies commit us to:
• Establish processes that help conservation of all environmental resources
• Comply with all applicable laws and regulations related to environmental protection and other requirements to which GIEOM are subject to and subscribe to both locally and the country of business
We realize that sustainability is also about finding ways for us of doing more with less and diligently pursue this goal for our clients and their customers.
Use of innovative techniques in the use of technology and methodologies and driving simplicity of design are core to our products and services resulting in efficiencies that continuously contribute to sustainability.
E.g. we designed our new office in way such that sunlight is used for our lighting needs till late in the evening. The office is designed to use the naturally cool breeze generated by the tunneling effect of the building stairways. Our lounge and common areas do not have air conditioners, our air conditioners inside working areas have individual controls and they are always turned off when the particular meeting room or work area is not being used.
The following are some of our Inclusive Sustainability initiatives and policies
• Financial aid to deserving individuals in higher education and skill building for social upliftment
• Continuous and sustained workshops are conducted periodically for all employees so that they become better citizens who are sensitive to environment
• Providing incentives & subsidies to our workforce for use of public transport, car-pooling & bicycles and engaging in recycling, waste management & development of green spaces both at work and their homes
• Developing fully engaged employees and providing them with a platform where suggestions for sustainability are encouraged so that new initiatives for implementation can be identified continuously
• Employee rewards for ideas that result in better utilization and conservation of all types of resources
We are currently planning many more initiatives to be implemented this year, and we will have comprehensive reports of all of them here going forward. Please visit us again in the coming months to read about them or alternately use the Contacts page to let us know your interests in our initiatives and we will contact you as soon as they are available.